11 August 2011

Engineer humor

I received an email yesterday that I get occasionally from National Semiconductor, announcing new products and the like.  I was reading the datasheet for one of the new ICs and it had a couple terms in it that made me chuckle, and that made me think of this, one of my favorite datasheets of all time (tells you something about a person, doesn't it, if they have such a thing as a favorite datasheet).

Anyway this is a scan from my 1982 National Semiconductor Linear Databook.  I think the part that really did it for me is the first bullet under "Features".  Yes, it's a real device, although now obsolete I believe.  Evidently the name stuck for some years until the forces of political correctness prevailed.  Too bad.  Some people just aren't any fun at all, damn them.

Click to enlarge

1 comment:

  1. Good one Jack! I wonder what a "diddle yoke driver" is ;-) Bottom of General Description.

    Cheers,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete